Hillary Hostetler's work is both elegant and lyrical, often with underlying remixes of art historical styles with brightly colored, modern, abstracted flowers and landscapes. Her paintings evoke a sense of fun, cheerfulness, and whimsy that can instantly capture the eye and the imagination. Her love of unexpected colors and patterns is expressed with oil and acrylic paints, mixed media, layering, and spontaneous brushwork.
Her work is currently featured in SUNY Mentoring Magazine’s Summer 2016 Issue.
• Peekskill Artists Alliance Truck Stop Galleries, Two person Show, Peekskill NY, 2016
• Color and Light , Three person exhibition at Muscoot Farm, Katonah, NY , August 2016
• Peekskill Artist Alliance – Holiday juried show 2015, and Peekskill Open Studios 2016
• First Street Gallery, NY, NY, Annual National Juried Exhibition, June-July 2015
• Prince Street Gallery, Y, NY, 7th Annual National Juried Exhibition – Juror: Robert Berlind, two paintings selected and exhibited, Chelsea, NY January 2015
• First Street Gallery, NY, NY, National MFA Competition Juried Show, Juror: Asya Geisburg, of Asya Geisburg Gallery, Chelsea, NY, Three paintings selected by juror and presented in show, July 2014-August 2014
• Destiny Manifested, MFA Exhibition, ten painting installation, The Gallery at Lehman College, May 2014
• Lazarus Gallery, New Rochelle, NY, Home Is Where the Art Is, Juried Group Show, November 2014
Hillary Hostetler Painting, Somers, NY, United States, 2016
Get our latest art and walls straight to your inbox